Blank

What’s your favorite exercise?

Every week, we witness a lot of amazing successes at Upright Health. We see people beat their pain and regain control of their lives, but sometimes people don’t believe us when we tell them about it!

So we’re asking our clients: what is your favorite exercise and what does it do for you? Post your answers below in the comments section below!

, , ,

7 Responses to What’s your favorite exercise?

1. Matt Hsu, Certified Rolfer and Postural Therapist January 24, 2012 at 3:40 pm #

My favorite exercise lately is the supine hamstring stretch. It helps keep my hips limber after long days of sitting in a chair so that I can keep playing hockey without problems!

2. Sue January 24, 2012 at 4:33 pm #

Static Back Knee Squeezes and Presses; I know it’s technically more than one exercise, but they all feel so good and stabilizing that I can’t do just one! I’ve gotten such stability out of these and I no longer feel like I wobble when I walk after hours of studying!!

3. Sylvia January 24, 2012 at 4:56 pm #

Gravity Drop! As the description of the exercise says, “This exercise forces proper loading of all the load joints of the body by physically stacking them one atop the other.” It’s hard to explain but this is one exercise that just feels necessary to me. I vary my program some now that I’m doing so well but this one always makes the list.

4. Sylvia Shipps January 24, 2012 at 8:43 pm #

Airbench! This is the one I can always count on to chase the achey back pain away. It’s the one I used in Paris this summer when walking along the Seine. I can always find a wall to use!

5. Ben Schindler January 30, 2012 at 7:37 pm #

Mountain Biking on the trail(no pavement), a total body and mind refreshment!
    Working your muscles, working your eyes, your brain, your balance, mountain biking is the best total body workout.

6. James Weigelt January 31, 2012 at 8:01 pm #

When I’m out throwing the ball for my dogs I often get down on my hands and knees and get in position for the Static Extension Position, of course Rosco and George cock their heads and wonder “what the heck is “daddy” doing?”

After a strenuous day of climbing utility poles, carrying ladders, crawling in attics and under houses, I often find myself coming home and,as I would tell Maryann, “find a happy place”, get out my tower, and go through each level. I could get a few minutes of relaxing in as well as work on my breathing.

Here’s a tip, you don’t always have to wait for when you have your scheduled exercise time…do a few “E”cises whenever you feel the need(I’m a little slow, that took me awhile before I realized that any time ws a good time!)

7. Matt Hsu, Certified Rolfer and Postural Therapist February 1, 2012 at 1:36 pm #

Thanks for participating, everyone!

The winner of the random drawing for the Beyond Pain Free set is Sylvia Shipps! Do a little airbench of celebration! :-)